I’m sorry I forgot to share with you all the #1 reason having a boot doesn’t suck;
HANDICAP PARKING PLACARD FOR THE NEXT 6 MONTHS.
This my friends, is San Francisco parking GOLD.
The two major perks?
- The Whole Foods Parking Lot in Pacific Heights will no longer cause me road rage
- METERS (I no longer have to pay for them… ever. OK, for the next 6 mos.)
Today is my first day attempting this foot contraption combination at work. I’ve worked out in my head the logistics for getting to/from work in Silicon Valley and any incidentals during the day:
- Begging Muni to drive me 4 blocks from my apartment to where my company’s corporate buses pick up (Today’s scenario went like this Me making a scene with my crutches: “I’m just going 4 blocks.” Bus Driver noticing crutches/boot/scene: “Uh yeah, just get on the bus.”
- Work bus for an hour
- Nicely asking co-workers to take my bag up to my desk while I stop off to pick up breakfast downstairs at the cafe
- Nicely asking yet another co-worker to take my breakfast up to my desk while I wait for the elevator to go one floor upstairs
- Planning 10 minutes ahead for all bathroom/kitchen/anywhere trips
- Sucking it up and eating whatever is at the cafe downstairs because riding a beach cruise to another cafe with a boot and a skirt on seems ill-advised
- Strategically planning how I’m going to get the 25 yards to the gym with my bag/crutches/boot in tow
- Strategically planning how I’m going to get from the work bus back to my apartment after work if boyfriend isn’t home yet (begging bus driver to just drop me off)
The past couple of days boyfriend worked from home and was able to chauffeur me to/from multiple doctor’s appointments, going back and forth to the freezer to grab ice packs, making sure I’m elevating, Advil-ing, and staying off my foot. I literally can’t thank him enough, so I’m putting it on the internet where it will stay forever and ever. (Thank you so much, you mean the absolute world to me.)
This weekend I have big plans of…. doing nothing. I can’t teach my Sunday Pilates classes because I can’t move, so demonstrate lunging or anything else that involves standing upright seems to be a bit out of the question. (I did however sign up for multiple spin and sculpt sessions at a nearby studio to keep up my fitness in the upcoming weeks… and finding a pool is next on my list.)
I plan to catch up on TV, bike at the gym, bake, clean the apartment (which will probably take 2 hours to do in a 600 square foot apartment because of my lack of movement), and relax.
And just hope I can ditch the crutches by Monday. The doctor said to use them as long as I felt pain when bearing weight on my bum foot. I tested it this morning and let’s just say it didn’t feel like rainbows and sunshine and puppies.
Hope you have a great weekend!