Today started out on a great note, and I have high hopes for the rest of the afternoon/evening/night. Allow me to explain:
- The sun decided to show itself for the first time all week, radically improving my day from the second I walked out the door. (I’m convinced I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder).
- After passing out into a coma-like state 30 minutes into Jersey Shore last night I slept like a freaking baby. I’m pretty sure I woke up once or twice but I was so tired I honestly don’t remember it.The headache that was plaguing me all day yesterday magically disappeared this morning as well.
- I decided to switch up breakfast (aka I was being lazy and didn’t feel like making a smoothie and cleaning the blender – my life is so hard.) I picked up a latte at Starbucks and devoured a Whole Wheat English Muffin, Justin’s Honey PB Packet, Banana, Cinnamon, Pumpkin Pie Spice and honey. My all-time favorite flavor combination. Really the only reason I mention what I ate is because it was that good and I wish I had more of it.
- Evidently it had what I needed. I went to the gym at lunch and ran the 4 collective speediest miles of my life.
Mile 1: 8:03
Mile 2: 7:24
Mile 3: 7:13
Mile 4: 8:24
Full disclosure – After a fast ru non Monday and a HIIT run on Tuesday, I was planning on a leisurely 6ish miles while watching Episode 5 of Revenge on my iPhone. (Yes if you’re keeping track that would be 4 episodes completed in a 12 hour period yesterday. It’s that’s good.) However, the Hulu+ app was having “technical difficulties” loading so my plan was thwarted. Luckily I had my 10-miler playlist locked and loaded (Pitbull/Chris Brown’s International Love is my new running song of choice) so I put that on instead… and ran like a darn banshee. The right music is essential to running fast. I have no idea where that speed came from. I hope it stays a while.
- I have a haircut appointment after work, and not only are the dead ends about to be gone forever, I will not have to blowdry (the arm strength it takes to do this is unreal), or curling iron my hair, only to have it go flat within .3 seconds of stepping outside in the fog. The last part will happen but at least I just had to sit there unmoving for the first 2 steps of the process
- Even though I’ve decided to
become an outcastnot drink for 30 days, I am beyond excited for a double date boyfriend and I have planned with two very good friends tonight. Even if I will be drinking water and mocktails. I’m also beyond excited for all of the food I will be able to put away thanks to said lunchtime run. Running fast makes my appetite insatiable and I love it.
So tell me – what was the best part of your Friday?