Happy Monday! The only thing “happy” about today is that each and every lobby in each and every office building in the city seems to be bursting with Christmas trees, lights, ribbons, and the smell of fresh pine. All they need is a little Christmas music and Williams Sonoma peppermint bark/scented candle and my life would be complete. (Or as complete as life can be at 9am on a Monday that I have to be at work.) 😉
In honor of being back at work after a glorious, fantastic and wonderful long holiday weekend. My mind has had an assortment of thoughts this morning:
1. If I hear “Stereo Hearts” or “Moves Like Jagger” on the radio one more time I’m switching to XM. Exclusively. I didn’t like the songs to begin with and now they inspire a road rage in me that I didn’t know I have. Ditto Adele “Someone Like You”. (Which I loved at first.)
The Maroon 5 songs… not so much. I’ve disliked them ever since roughly 2007. Their first album? Brilliant. Everything else? Make it go away.
2. I love seeing SF all dressed up for Christmas! It made my morning complete. No I wasn’t at Macy’s this morning (even I have my limits), but I can’t wait to check out Union Square.
3. Cyber Monday. I would say about 75% of the emails I got in my inbox this morning told me that if I spend $250, I would get $50 off. And if I spent $500 I would save $100. On “almost” every purchase. What the hell kind of a fine print is that? I’m not playing your game Bloomingdales/ShopBop/Tory Burch. (OK Tory, I may play yours.)
That being said I did receive an e-mail from J.Crew that actually sounded like a deal – 25% off everything if you buy online! (No minimum purchase!)
4. I’m running a marathon in less than 6 days. When did it get so damn close? Why did I sign up for this again? I’m having a panic attack just thinking about running more than the single digits I’ve been running for the past 10 days. And also thinking about running 5 miles longer than any run I’ve ever done in my 27 years.
5. My Christmas shopping is 90% done. Online orders were placed, and gifts were purchased. Now it’s just wrapping and waiting for them to arrive (and thanks to Cyber Monday shipping deals that will be on Wednesday!), and shipping them out to out-of-towners. And writing out Christmas cards. I’m hoping I can light a Christmas candle, blast my Christmas Pandora station, and get it all done by Friday.
Although it will have to be done without any Christmas cheer. Apparently every running publication/runner/person alive has said to cut out all alcohol a week before the marathon. Which is do-able, and I have no problem with.
They also say to cut out caffeine. To which I say bah humbug. Not happening.
Hope you have a great Monday!