Is it just me or did this weekend seriously fly by?
I also just noticed our Rosemary plant is completely dead. Apparently we are not plant people.
Last night we went to a birthday party for a friend in Sausalito at one of the best wine bars I’ve ever been to.
(For those of you not from SF to get to Sausalito, driving across the GG Bridge is in order and its just on the other side. The weather is also infinitely better over there!)
Our destination was a new-to-me place called Wellington’s Wine Bar and it did not disappoint!
It was situated right on the water, was big, open and airy with a looooong menu of wines by the 1/2 glass, glass, 1/2 bottle and bottle.
They also had an extensive imported beer list (and beer by the 750mL bottle!) as well as gourmet paninis, cheese and meat boards and homemade hummus combinations.
I have a few criteria when judging bars… and Wellington’s hit them all right on the head.
- Ample space – I hate when you can’t move in a bar, or when people are bumping into you, spilling on you, or you get that awkward butt-to-butt moment with no where to go. No I don’t want to be touching you all night, I don’t know you.
- Easy to get to the bar and get a drink – nothing worse the having to throw up some elbows just to get to the bar
- Friendly bartenders – I hate having to get bartenders attention – hate. No I don’t have cleavage so even if I wanted to… not an option here.
- Clean Bathrooms – as a germophobe, this kills me in bars. Wellington’s had high standards 🙂
- Seating! What girl wants to stand all night in her heels? There were plenty of tables available.
- Food! Because sometimes, one needs a meat and cheese board to go with their vino 🙂