As promised, the 2nd weekly blog series I’m starting today is Friday Faves – a collection of 5 anythings I’m into this week that you may think are worth to check out!
- Boyfriend and I purchased this last week (around $30) and it’s absolutely perfect for the beach, the park, roadtrips, etc. It’s solar-powered so no batteries required and works like a dream. If the sun goes away? There’s a hand crank! Really handy little gadget that’s easy to transport.
- I recently started wearing this for all of my outdoor runs and find that I keep it on all day long (or until I shower, which could be all day long). It’s lightweight, wicks away sweat and holds hair out of your face. I honestly don’t know how I was running without it!
3. Pulp Fiction
- Can you believe I’ve been living under a rock for 26.5 years and had never seen this movie? Boyfriend and I watched it the other night and it was Quentin Tarantino at his finest. Really entertaining (and not as gory as most of his other movies) with some big names. 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up.
4. The Hunger Games series – specifically Mockingjay
- I’ve never been more bummed out (Harry Potter excluded) to finish a book series than I was when The Hunger Games ended. I finished the 3rd and final book, Mockingjay, this week and while I really liked the ending, I was sad to see it end. (Yes I’m fully aware of how lame this makes me sound and fully ok with it). The books were addicting, easy reads and I finished the last one in about 48 hours, it was that good. Highly, highly recommended (I hear they’re pretty cheap on the Kindle too!)
5. Katy Perry “Last Friday Night TGIF”
- If you haven’t downloaded this little gem yet… do it. It’s the (less annoying) cousin of “California Girls” and great for a running playlist or just to blast while you’re at the beach, by the pool, having some beverages, etc. I can’t get enough of this song at the moment… the video is hysterical. (Sidebar- I know there will come a time – probably in the next month – where I physically won’t be able to listen to this song, much like “California Girls” but for now… I’m loving it!)
Just a handful of the things I found interesting this week that may be worth checking out!
What are your top 2 favorite finds of the week?