Productivity is my middle name tonight.
Interval Run, Eyebrow wax, Whole Foods (food and flowers!), cleaned the apartment, put laundry away, cooked dinner, and picked boyfriend up at the airport – hands down the best part of my night!
Let’s start at the beginning.
I felt great after my mat pilates class this afternoon but I never feel like I’ve really gotten a good workout unless I do some form of cardio It has to be the (teenage/high school) athlete in me!
After work I headed to the gym to do a quick round of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). These workouts are great because you do a LOT in a short amount of time. (Because really who wants to be on the dreadmill for more than 30 minutes?) Not this girl.
My run looked like this:
0-2 4.0 MPH
2-22 20 seconds @ 9.3 MPH, 40 seconds at 6.0 MPH
22-25 4.0 MPH
I was more than ready to be done by the end.
Not too shabby for a 20 minute run!
“The benefits of interval training can be substantial. You will burn more calories during and after your workout, get faster and stronger, and increase overall cardiovascular fitness. Interval training also relieves the boredom sometimes associated with treadmill training.”
Over the weekend, my mom gave me a potted Rosemary plant she had grown from a seedling. My mom is amazing with flowers, plants, herbs, vegetable gardens, you name it. She’s a master gardener and works extremely hard on her yard – and it shows. It’s beautiful!
I knew I wanted to incorporate the Rosemary into dinner tonight – and I had a couple of Organic Chicken Breasts to use up so…
Balsamic and Olive Oil Rosemary Chicken was born!
- Coast chicken breasts with balsamic vinegar (about 1-2 tsp)
- Then coat with olive oil (same amount – you don’t need a lot of either, just enough to coat them)
- Chop up 3 sprigs of fresh Rosemary leaves (can’t emphasize the fresh herbs enough!)
- Chop up 3-4 fresh garlic cloves
- Season chicken with rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes (until juices are clear and chicken is cooked through entirely