Why is E!’s Sunday night line-up so darn addicting? First the Kardashians- I just can’t tear myself away from them… and yes I spent 30 minutes of my life watching Kim be a stage mom to Kendall until Bruce put her in her place. That my friends, is entertainment.
Now I’m on to Ice Loves Coco… a show that I swore I had zero interest in watching. My 30-second delayed reaction of changing the channel when it started was all it took for me – I am officially sucked in. What didn’t hurt their cause is Ice (aka Detective Tutuola on Law and Order SVU) gave a tour of the entire set and Detective Stabler even stopped by. Give. me. more!
Earlier tonight my family finished our Father’s Day celebrations with a big BBQ! My family is lucky enough to be very close friends with 2 other families who have kids the exact (give or take a year or two) same ages as my brother and I – the boys all grew up together and so did the gals. Since my relatives all live across the country, these 2 families have become my extended family, and I love spending time with everyone!
My contribution to the BBQ?
Ingredients – the amounts are mainly just eyeballed – you can add/remove based on your preferences
- 4 Avocados
- 1/4 Red Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1-1.5 fresh limes
- Sea Salt
- Optional: Serrano pepper, tomato (you guys clearly know my stance on this)
- Slice your avocados in half and remove the pits (done by sticking the knife into it and twisting).
- Save one pit -you’ll need this if you have leftover guac and want to prevent it from turning brown
- Scoop out avocado contents into a large glass bowl
- Chop onion, garlic and Serrano and place in bowl (if you use a pepper be sure to mince it – no one wants a large hunk of spicy hot pepper in their bite of guac!) 😉
- Squeeze lime (s) into bowl
- Mash mixture up with a fork using the flat bottom part of the fork
- Sprinkle sea salt and stir gently to mix
- Taste test! (Add additional salt if needed)
In addition to the guac we enjoyed delicious and lean cheese burgers with all the fixins’ and delicious fruit salad, chinese chicken salad and peach basil tortellini (easily the biggest delicious surprise of the night!)- I happily sampled a bit of each!
Not to leave out the best part of the meal… dessert!
Homemade Pecan Blondies (recipe coming tomorrow!) that were AMAZING
and fresh apple pie!
Of course I had a blast with the 2 surprise guests – Bruce and Cleo.
After repeated failed attempts at barking at the ball,
Bruce took matters into his own hands.
Smart dog. Now if I could only get one of my own…. 😉
I’m off to relax for what’s left of the weekend – see you bright and early!